Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Day of Fun

  Today was one of those days that you can sit back and be completely happy with. It started out with work, where I found an encouraging poem in the hours of nothing else to do, then that afternoon I had lunch with Dallas (which is always nice). After my one and only class for the day Mrs. Hunt left the kids with me for a few hours. We all decided to go out and play. It was a wonderful day for it. The boys wanted to climb the trees and bring all the girls flowers for their hair, and the girls just wanted to run around the field giggling chasing each other or the boys. By the end of our outing all the girls had about five flowers a piece in their hair and the boys were worn out from being chased by the girls. We went back to the house and put in the Fox and the Hound. I think it's just about the saddest kids movie I have ever seen. The kids love it though. It's hard for me to get them all to sit still for very long, but they sat through the whole movie. After the movie went off the boys got picked up by their dad to go to baseball practice, so it was just me and Marley for the next few hours. We ended up painting our toes all kinds of crazy colors, which is only a thing that I will do with Marley, because i don't really like dramatic colors on my nails. ;)  After we had as much fun as was possible with the nail polish, we decided that the living room needed to be made into a tent. I had not made one in so long. I use to make them for my little cousins when we all lived near each other years and years ago. It was so much fun to see all of the excitement that she got out of it. She sat in the middle of the tent and watcher her hair full of static stick to the top of it...we took pictures on my phone so she could see how silly it looked. After that we played hide and seek until her mommy came to take her home.
All in all it was a very good day and I cant help but look back and be satisfied with it. It's amazing the affect little kids can have on you. They see the world as something to enjoy and we as students sometimes can only see the hard times we have ahead of us. Things are so simple to them. I think that is one of the lessons that God would have me take from my time with the Hunt kids. One of the many that I'm sure are to come.


God bless,
      India

2 comments:

  1. Aw India, I'm sorry you ended up having a bad night to such a perfect day! :( I hope you feel completly better today. Praying for you girl!
    *MeM the buddy :)
    P.S. Fox and the Hound IS a sad movie! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a blast! I hope you feel better today! Thinking about you...

    Marli

    ReplyDelete