I'm sitting down this morning very thankful for my family, friends, and peppermint tea. This weekend has been a rough one, but still I find I felt completely blessed through it all. I had a headache for a few days that just wouldn't go away. I tried my hardest to get rid of it, all without slowing down though. Sometimes I have a hard time listening to those hints to slow down. Well... the night before I developed a fever and I couldn't keep anything down. I didn't have the energy to get up out of bed. When you don't slow down your body finds ways of making you, that's what my mom always says. My last blog was about learning to slow down, and not worry so much, I think I should have paid attention to what I was writing. :)
I was however reminded of how blessed I truly am during all of this. I was missing my mom something awful. She is such a good nurse and if she could, she would have been here to hold my hand the whole way. It was hard to not have her near. There is just something about a mother's love while you are sick that just makes you feel so much better and I think it makes me heal faster. That could be because she has a way of making sure that I stay in bed, even when I don't want to. When she is not around I tend to find something that I need to be doing and do it. I'm not one to stay in bed. I know it was hard on her to not be here too. She called all the time though and sent over my sisters to keep checking on me. It's hard being so far away from my family. They are one of my biggest blessings in life.
Another is my family substitute here in Alabama... Mrs Lisa has been wonderful this weekend. She came over and took the role of mommy for me. It was nice to have someone put a cold wash cloth on my face and make sure that I took my meds and just be there for me. It made it easier to be away from home. She is such a blessing in my life and I thank God daily for the Reese family.
A huge thanks goes out to my sisters and brother-in-law, Heather and Travis came over but didn't come up because Heather can't be around people who are sick right now with the baby coming. They brought over some soups and juice and filled up my apt with enough food to last a week. I talked to them over the balcony. It was good to see them. Family is very important to me and I wish I had more time to spend with them. I can't wait until Riley gets here!
Taylor has been wonderful too! She sat with me most of the afternoon and part of the night last night. I don't really feel like I was good company for her but she stayed anyway. We watched Little House while I tried to fall asleep, and she kept trying to get me to eat something. She told me to sit down and stop cleaning that i was going to make things worse (words of wisdom that I eventually listened to.... lol.).
I'm so thankful for the many phone calls from Dallas that had a way of cheering me up all on their own. He is always such an encouragement to me! :)
I'm also thankful for all of the prayers that were said for me! I love you all very much!
I'm writing this while drinking peppermint tea. I haven't had it in a long time. I forgot how much better it makes you feel when you don't feel so good. It's still number one in my book. I love the little blessings in life, like peppermint tea. ;)
I feel so grateful and blessed. There is nothing like having to fall down to see how blessed we really are. "God is good, all the time".
India
My Sweet Baby Girl, You don't know how hard it is for me to be away from you when you are sick or sad. My mommy's heart wants to be with her baby, but I know that God is with you always and that there are those who look after you in Alabama that love you, too (but not as much as a mommy!) We feel so blessed to know that you have such wonderful friends to be there for you when we can't. And...peppermint tea is always good for a tummy! I love you my Baby Girl!
ReplyDeleteYOU PUT UP A POST!!!! :)
ReplyDeleteI know!!!! It took me this long to figure out how! I've wanted to post to Mem and Marli's too, but I couldn't figure it out. Oh, I'm getting old! I'm glad your's was the first!
ReplyDeleteYou are not getting old...it takes me a while to figure these things out too. :)
ReplyDeleteIndia girl, thanks so much for your sweet words for my birthday... by email and comment on our blog! You helped make my bday wonderful... thank you!!
ReplyDelete<3 mems
I'm glad you had such a good birthday! You are one in a million Mem :)
ReplyDelete