Cultural Anthropology has been a nightmare in more then one way. My teacher has two or three papers due every week, this alone would not be so bad, but evolutionist writes the papers and it's not hard to tell what they believe. The book that we are working in has the same feel to it. If someone were to read a student's notes in this class they would think that we were all believers of it. I find ways of putting God into all my papers that I write for this class. I don't think I could keep it up if I didn't. My teacher does write notes of encouragement on my papers, which keeps me thinking positive about the class.
There is so much that I would love to do for the Lord and His work. I want so much to be able to make a difference for someone, to be of some use to others.
Looking back at Freshman year I found a note that I had written to a friend. I talked about not wanting to listen to all of my other friends who were telling me to become a counselor. I said I would "never" do that. I didn't think that I could handle it. I look back and laugh at it now. It still surprises me how different God's plans tend to be from mine. I wish I had come to school already knowing that it was what I needed to do, but I'm glad that I went through the growing that I did to get there. All in all I know that these classes are going to be helpful to me in my career and in my Christian walk. I feel very blessed to be able to come to Faulkner and study counseling. I love my parents for seeing the need to send me and being able to have me so far away from them. I have grown a lot here, and many prayers have been answered here. "God is good, all the time."
yay India! (i just felt like saying that reading this post!)
ReplyDelete*MeMoRy